Robb Longman represents his clients in business matters, tax planning and litigation, as well as estate planning. Robb regularly assists businesses with the drafting of corporate documents, drafting contracts, negotiating contracts, addressing employee agreements, and formulating succession planning. Robb’s clients have continued to grow their businesses into large profitable companies.
Robb’s extensive background in tax law provides him with the ability to advise his clients not just on the corporate matters but the tax effects of those matters as well. In fact, as head of the Firm’s Tax Practice, Robb is the former Chair of Maryland State Bar Association’s Tax Section, the Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Section of Taxation Closely Held Businesses Committee, and a regularly speaker at tax seminars to attorneys and businesses on the latest tax law issues. Robb has also testified before the Maryland House of Delegates on tax legislation for the State of Maryland. Robb regularly works with his clients to devise strategies to help them minimize their taxes in their business or personal transactions. Additionally, Robb is a regular speaker on panels and presentations with the American Bar Association’s Section of Taxation Meetings.
Additionally, Robb has successfully represented many business, individuals, and non-profits before the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing agencies. Robb represents his clients in tax audits, in the United States Tax Court, the Maryland Tax Court, and Robb regularly assists his clients in resolving outstanding tax debts.
Robb also works with each of his clients to help them plan for their future through estate planning, tax planning, and trust planning. With his extensive knowledge of the tax laws, Robb works with his clients to ensure that their estate plans are set up so they can take advantage of estate deductions and protecting their funds while passing the most of their assets to their families.
Robb is a native Washingtonian and attended high school in Rockville, Maryland. Thus, Robb is very familiar with the various issues that face Maryland and Washington, DC businesses and individuals. Robb currently lives in Bethesda, Maryland with his wife Sue and his two children Ella and Eva.
- District of Columbia
Honors & Distinctions
- Assistant Secretary, American Bar Association, Tax Section, 2017-2019
- Vice Chair, American Bar Association, Tax Section, Closely Held Businesses Committee, 2015-
- Chair, Maryland State Bar Association, Tax Section, 2015-16
- Chair, American Bar Association, Tax Section, Practice Management Committee, 2013-15
- Vice-Chair, Maryland State Bar Association, Tax Section, 2014-15
- AVVO Superb Rating Award in Legal Practice, 2015
- AVVO Superb Rating Award in Legal Practice, 2014
- Chair, American Bar Association, Tax Section, Young Lawyers Forum, 2010-11
- Legal Elite, Washington SmartCEO, 2009
- John S. Nolan Fellow, American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, 2008-09
In The News
- Robb Longman Interviewed by Executive Leaders Radio Program